Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Snapshots

The summer is whizzing by as usual.

Here are some snapshots from our recent trip to New Brunswick. In honour of Matt's dad's (and his twin's) 70th birthday (this past April), his parents organized a summer costume party, since the weather is generally better in July. Go figure that the weekend we went it was foggy and rainy almost everyday we were there. We had maybe an hour or two of sun on the night of the party, but the rest of the night nearly 100 people had to cram themselves into the Garden Gate B & B.

Matt and I decided to go as John (Lennon) & Yoko (Ono) on their wedding day...

Matt Before


I'm Almost Ready

Matt as Rock Star


Me in the Backyard

Us as John & Yoko


I think Matt was a more convincing Lennon. I should have donned some big dark sunglasses, but then my face isn't as angular as Yoko's, so I don't know if they would have helped anyways. Our costumes worked better together than separately.

Matt's Dad & Uncle went as Hosers (Bob & Doug)

My parents (who aren't really into costumes) dressed up in some traditional Asian fashions


Matt & his sister Sara

(a blurry photo of) Sara & her hubby as Trekkies

I couldn't find a decent photo of Matt's mom, but she was a party girl all in pink. And unfortunately Matt's other sister, Suzy, couldn't make it but she and her boyfriend sent warm wishes via email, so she was there in spirit.

All in all, a fun trip, but I was happy to head home by the end of it.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new giveaway! Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Great costumes! Your husband is handsome, by the way. :)

    Julie xox

    ReplyDelete