Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Portrait - Maggie

It's been a while since I've done any watercolour painting, so it took me a rather embarrassing amount of time to finish my latest portrait commission. Over the course of about 2 months - I kid you not - I worked on the painting quite sporadically, either during Whitney's naps, in the evenings after she was asleep or on the weekends. Thankfully, I was working with a very patient and sweet lady. Sue had commissioned the portrait shortly after her beloved girl cat, Maggie, passed away.


From the many photos that Sue sent me of her dear kitty, it was easy to see how much of a sweetheart Maggie was and how much she was loved. Maggie had a very special kitty mom and I was very pleased to know that the finished portrait was well received. If my art can help lift someone's spirits even a little, it warms my heart too.

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful portrait of a beautiful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy, for this blog of my baby, Maggie. You did a fabulous job on the painting.
    Anyone who wants a portrait, contact Cathy. She was a joy to work with, and I feel I also have made a wonderful friend. It is a great "kitty" mommy's day present.

    ReplyDelete