Sunday, May 3, 2009

All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait...

After months of waiting, I learned some wonderful news this past week.


Last Fall, I had several potential new creative ventures, but there was one that I hoped would pan out the most. And at the end of the week, I found out that this new "project" is finally coming together. To put it mildly, I'm totally thrilled. I know I'm being rather cryptic, but I can't yet reveal all the details.

Soon, though, I hope.


In other news, it is now t minus 3 days until my mom arrives for a visit. It'll be the first time she's been to our new home - the home that she and my dad helped us buy without their seeing it in person - so we're trying to get everything cleaned up and organized just so for her.

Here's a sneak peek of what we've been doing today:



Or rather that Matt has mostly been doing :)

(It was his choice though, as he's the more experienced wall painter and the roller we got "is a bit tricky", in his words.)

I'm not that worried though, since I already know she's not a fan of open concept living, and there's not a whole lot I can do to sway her opinion once she's made up her mind about something. Plus she's not a cat lover and she's never met Suki or Dex, so really, there's no point in stressing out. Easier said than done.

At least we'll be celebrating Mother's Day together for the first time in many years. I'm looking forward to that. The challenge will be deciding what to get her, or what not to get her. If you are Asian or know anyone else who is, then you'll understand what I mean.

This cartoon sums it up best though.

Get your own cool wallet right here. Or not :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekends!

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you about this new project that you're so excited about! :)

    That cartoon made me smile.

    Enjoy the visit with your mom! Does she live in Asia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many guests I've had to my house that claim to not like cats, but by the time they leave they're in love. :)

    PS: That wall color looks a lot like one we have in our house. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to the both of you for your sweet comments.

    Julie, my mom lives in Saskatoon actually... I just don't get home that often anymore and my mom hasn't visited in a while either.

    Alexis, I hope that my mom comes around too. We love our cats, so I can't imagine anyone else not loving them :)

    The wall colour turned out a tad pinker than I would have liked, but it's growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh, I totally understand the Mother's Day (or any holiday) gift giving thing. My husband is originally from Taiwan, and buying gifts for his parents is a nightmare. He usually ignores my pleas to send them some THING and instead sends them money. LOL I sent flowers one year to his mom and it turned out she was allergic. So we sent fruit the next year and she is apparently suddenly borderline diabetic.

    But this year, I sent a mug with Sophie's photo on it--she can't complain about THAT!

    ReplyDelete