Saturday, May 23, 2009

Recapping the Past Few Weeks

It's been a little while since I've taken or posted any photos of our kitties. Leave it to my mom to be the snap-happy photographer while she was here a few weeks ago.

Here, she caught Dex in the midst of his bag antics. He adores cloth bags and will literally jump in one if you hold it open for him. Then he'll proceed to attack it. We discovered this one day after coming back from the grocery store. He now has his own bag(s) since they quickly became fur-lined.

Suki is a little more serene and ladylike when it comes to bags. Here she is on the same bag.

And some more photos from my mom's visit:


outside of our loft building

the view from our rooftop

Mother's Day cake

on a walk

Matt says I look like a love-spy (whatever that is) in my heart-shaped glasses and trench coat. I'm loving my new trench, that's for sure, which my mom treated me to when she was here. It was such a steal from Jacob, reduced by more than 50%.

This past week, we also had a sort of surprise visit from my dad, who had some research he was doing in Ontario. Unfortunately I didn't take any decent photos since he was only here overnight and we were all a bit exhausted from work.

But here's a photo that my dad took of his research:

I have no idea what that is or what it does, but luckily my dad does. He is a professor of Chemical Engineering, and from time to time also does consulting for different companies, which brought him to Lakefield (about a two hour drive from Toronto) this week. We enjoyed a yummy dinner in Chinatown and even scored a free parking pass from a kind man who happened to be leaving when we arrived at the parking lot. He said someone else had given it to him, so he was just passing it on. Reminded me of that movie Pay it Forward.

The rest of the week kind of flew by without me getting much done. I made a new screen and have printed some shirts which still need to be photographed... the screen itself was kind of a nightmare but I like the new design and hope it's a hit.

I'll leave you with some lovely treasuries that I was made aware of recently. Thank you to the sweet folks who took the time to curate them and also for including my goodies. And thanks to everyone for your kind words about my new stationery set.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your mom. I like the pictures... I hope to get my butt back to Canada one of these days. It was beautiful last time I visited Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look so much like your mom! You must get that a lot...

    It's the first time that I see pictures of you! You're pretty! Your sunglasses crack me up!

    ReplyDelete