Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back to Work... finally

Photo courtesy of now vintage

My mom's visit was lovely and involved lots of eating, plenty of relaxing and a bit of shopping. As suspected, she was not thrilled with our digs, nor with the cats, though I think she had warmed up to them by the end of her visit. Dex certainly didn't let her feline distaste deter him from jumping on her lap on several occasions. (Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos, but my mom took quite a few that I will share once she sends them to me.)

I was sad to say goodbye to her on Monday. Happily though, we will be seeing each other again in a few months when we meet up out east at Matt's parents' place to celebrate a number of milestones.

Naturally, I put off doing any work while my mom was here, so now I'm playing catch up. I've got a new stationery set or two in the works, a new print that still needs to be inked and painted and a new screen that needs to be made so I can print up more cute tees. I'm also doing some design work for this sweet friend. At least
this little deer (pictured above and my most recent purchase on etsy) is keeping me company while I work on the computer .

I'll be back later in the week with some progress shots, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the visit with your mom went well! I bet she liked your kitties more than you think and more than she made it seem.

    Looking forward to seeing progress shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to have some "down time" with your mom! And I love the litle retro deer--what a cute face!

    ReplyDelete